HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Mango Avocado Salsa

 
A colorful salsa recipe representing the fresh summer bounty, though late winter and spring seasons are still colliding in our neck of the woods. As any salsa recipe, this one too is a quick one and all one need to do is dice the ingredients and mix.
The mangoes I had were somewhere in between sour and sweet tasting and were perfect in this dish. I skipped the tomatoes so that the mango flavor would be more prominent in the dish though tomatoes add an a extra flavor layer. Mash the avocado for a mango based guacamole.
Ingredients:
1 avocado, diced
1 small mango, diced
1/4 cup finely diced red onion
1 finely diced small tomato (Optional. I didn't use any.)
1 green chillie, seeded and finely chopped
Roughly chopped cilantro (as much as needed)
1 lime / lemon
Salt to taste

 Method:
* Add everything except lime juice and cilantro to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
* Add lime juice according to taste and finally stir in cilantro.
* Serve immediately.
 bmlogo
This post goes to Blogging marathon #76 and check out the page to read what ot marathoners are cooking.

Comments

11 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

I dont mind of finishing that bowl of salsa rite now, too tempting salsa.

Gayathri Kumar said...

Mango is my all time fav. This salsa with mango and onions sounds fantastic, I might skip the avocado though..

Zerin said...

Looks very refreshing. Will definitely try it out

zerin said...

This salad looks so refreshing. I am sure this will be a great appetizer

Pavani said...

That is such a tasty salsa with avocado and mango. I think I can eat this by the spoonfuls :-)

vaishali sabnani said...

I love mango salsa but with avocado it must be tasting heavenly . Looks nice and colourful too.

Archana said...

Pass the bowl Suma. To hell with my sugar issues.

Chef Mireille said...

so colorful and inviting

Nalini's Kitchen said...

One of my favorite salsa,looks colorful.

Harini R said...

I can live on this salsa any day!

Srivalli said...

Wow the entire setup surely looks so inviting to indulge!..very nice and simple dish to enjoy.